Farmhouse Native Bee House
Bee Kind to Your Garden with the Farmhouse Native Bee House. The Farmhouse is hand-crafted from 100% FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) solid pine wood and bamboo from well managed forest. It attracts non-aggressive native bees to your garden. Native bees which are the most prolific pollinators on our planet. Unlike honey bees, there is no colony with workers, there are no swarms, and they do not produce honey. Their sole focus is pollination, and they make friendly, non-aggressive neighbors.
- Attract more pollinators to your garden to increase your plant production
- Attracts non-aggressive super pollinating native bees
- Provide a habitat and home base for native bees (not included)
- Provide a shelter for Butterflies to roost
- Native bees out-pollinate honey bees 30 to 1
- Native bees do not produce honey or beeswax
- Provide shelter for next season’s offspring
- No assembly needed
- Place in garden or hang 1.524 to 2.134 m (5 to 7 ft.) high on a wall or fence that gets morning sunlight, under an overhang if possible.
- Plant native plants and flowers nearby to draw these super-pollinating bees to the bee house. Very important for the native bees to have a food source for their young.
- Create a moist patch of soil near the bee house to have mud to protect their young.
- In autumn, store the bee house (with cocooned larvae inside) in an outdoor shed or covered location for winter. Do not store inside your house.
- In early spring, return house to original location.
- Once new bees hatch, clean out nest tubes and trays with pipe cleaners for next season’s offspring
- Nesting tray bands and cardboard backing should remain in place to protect the bees.
- Dimensions (L × W × H/D): 11.5 in. × 5.8 in. × 15.6 in.
- Weight: 5.75 lb.
- ** this item need a longer shipping time please plan for this issue
- Compared at $60.00 Our Price $45.99 plus s/h